Tomorrow I take a car full of stuff (and my brother takes a truck full of stuff) to a small mountain town to the province to the west. Which means that a good chunk of today is spent packing up that stuff. And a good part of the rest of the week will be spent unpacking that stuff and setting it up in an apartment that will be without internet until how ever long that takes to get setup. Because of the busy-ness and internet-less that comes with moving your entire life into the mountains (and a good chunk of your girlfriends life, as she is in another country for another month), I'm thinking that I'm probably going to go radio silent on the blog for awhile.
This 'radio silence' makes extra sense given the uncertainty going on with the 24/7 internet radio at the moment (more info on that here). For example, Monday's were when I would announce a '1HR TAKEOVER', but I've had to stop doing that because my station is now getting geo-blocked in a bunch of places, including my own country. So now I need to re-think what I should do on Mondays with the blog.
In fact, I should probably re-think what I am doing with everything on this website. If there was ever a good time to get yr re-think on, it's when yr sitting in an empty apartment with yr life stuffed in boxes and no internet and you don't know anyone in town and you need to find a job but yr also surrounded by lots of lovely nature stuff. Or maybe I'll just go use the coffee shops internet and carry on as usual. We'll see.
Here's some ways to continue to get your HI54LOFI fix if I do just wander into the woods for awhile…
- listen to one of the 75 episodes of the Mix Tape Radio Show (and download on itunes)
- go read one of the excellent 'HIGHLY RECOMMENDED W/'
- have a metaphorical COFFEE with me on Spotify, or have a BEER (20 songs added each month)… or maybe we could just get lost in THE 90s together (metaphorically, of course)
- you like Bandcamp? well I prob like it more. here is a bunch of Bandcamp playlists + my Bandcamp collection to go dive deep (oh yeah… and a whole mess of Fandcamp posts)
- listen to HI54LOFI's 24/7 internet radio station (if the chord hasn't been pulled)
- you could read some past newsletters and think about signing up for future ones?
- follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM and like HI54LOFI on FACEBOOK because probaby if I am not posting on the blog I'll still be popping on to those (Twitter most likely the most)
And I guess I'll see you on the otherside of this big move!
Later - Jeremy